Friday, October 9, 2009

What I do: One player at a time.

I find people having what I call "stand out" seasons, not necessarily in a good way, sometimes in a bad way. I analyze that season using various sabremetrics, and make an estimate for next year.

I will probably look most at young players, as they are less of a known commodity.
I will also look into players having a down year, or a breakout year, and determine if it is legit.
I will examine how lucky or unlucky a player has been and produce luck-normalized statistics.

I will look at "what if" scenerios. I don't make up these scenerios at random, I make realistic expectations of players, and explain what their season will look like if they meet these expectations.

If you really want to get into what this blog is about, just read the posts!

Also, feel free to shoot me a request if for a specific player. If you click on the ads I'll be more likely to make it a priority :)

No comments:

Post a Comment